Seniors information and referrals
Kerby Centre is here to help you get answers and solves problems.
Scroll down this page for more information on each of these services.
BENEFITS & PENSIONS
FREE TAX CLINIC
BOOTHS & PRESENTATIONS
BENEFITS AND PENSIONS: Call (403) 705-3246 to book an appointment
Information and assistance with government services and benefits applications
- CPP, OAS, GIS, ASB, AISH, Special Needs Assistance
- Fair Entry
- Community Referrals
HOUSING – Call (403) 705-3246 to book an appointment
Kerby Centre offers consultation and referrals on all aspects of senior housing in the Calgary region, including:
- Non-profit housing
- Subsidized apartments
- Condo or life lease lodges
- Personal care homes
- Private supportive living
- Designated supportive living
- Care centers
We also offer:
- Assistance in completing housing forms – a Commissioner for Oaths is available to witness housing documents
- A bulletin board to post listings for shared accommodation or rental units
Click Here to see information on the types of housing we can help you with.
Kerby Coffee & Conversation: Housing for seniors
- 2nd Tuesday of each Month, 10:00 am -11:00 am, Location- Kerby Café
- Discuss the process for finding affordable housing and get answers to questions you might have in a relaxed atmosphere!
- FREE Drop-In Event – Registration is not required
LEGAL HELP- Call (403) 705-3246 for more information
Free 20-minute legal advice on the phone by volunteer lawyers
FREE TAX CLINIC – Call (403) 705-3246 to book an appointment
- IN-PERSON/VIRTUAL/DROP OFF
- Eligibility: Seniors 55+ and AISH clients
- Income limit: $35,000 per year for a single or $45,000 per year for a couple (combined income)
- We do not prepare tax returns for self-employment, business/rental income, capital gains/ losses/ bankruptcy.
As of August 12, 2022, our volunteers have processed 3,736 2021 tax returns
BOOTHS & PRESENTATIONS
Contact Vineeta Kapoor @ VineetaK@kerbycentre.com or 403-705-3219 for a booth/presentation request.
We also offer Free Informative presentations on:
- Kerby Centre
- Mental Health
- Aging in Place
Need help? Let us know.
Kerby Centre provides assistance with income tax preparation for low-income seniors. Volunteers prepare income tax returns in March and April, and even after the tax season is over!
Kerby Centre helps seniors live their best lives. We could not do this without the help of our generous supporters who make our tax program possible. THANK YOU!
Call 403-705-3246 for more information.