Kerby Centre is a non-profit organization located in the west end of downtown Calgary. Dedicated to enhancing life for older Calgarians, Kerby Centre offers an exciting opportunity to engage in meaningful community development and build a career in the charitable sector.
Position: Support to Rentals
Education: Grade 12
Competencies: Strong customer service focus, physically able to move furniture when necessary, ability to troubleshoot electronic equipment, ability to work with little supervision.
Hours: Evenings and weekends, casual. Maximum numbers of hours per week, 20. Hours will be determined on an as-needed basis in consultation with the Manager. Possible shifts 4:30pm – 11:00pm Mon-Fri and weekends.
This position will provide customer support and trouble-shooting to room rentals under the guidance of the Manager of Logistics.
- Room rental setup including chairs and tables, directorial signage, catering orders and AV equipment.
- Unlock doors prior to room rental and provide greeting/security at door.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in the room rentals.
- Tear down the rental room including chairs and tables, AV equipment, return dishes to Food Services, sweep floors, mop floors, empty garbage, and clean washrooms as time allows.
- Complete janitorial tasks in spare time.
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned by the Manager of Logistics.
- Be familiar with health and safety requirements including those for working alone and be prepared to implement evacuation and emergency procedures.
The position is available immediately. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 pm on Tuesday, August 20, 2019.