Run for Kerby in the Calgary Marathon!
Get your training shoes out, the Charity Challenge is back on! Run Calgary and Scotiabank Marathon have ‘re-imagined’ the event into a Virtual Event, with the following options for registered participants:
- Run virtually this year
- 100% deferral to 2021, 2022 or 2023
- Donate your registration and receive a $20 tax receipt from the charity of your choice
Additionally, the Charity Challenge has now been extended with the virtual event to run until September 27th. If you choose to run virtually, this means that we will all individually run/walk our distance; still receive our t-shirt, medals and goodies; and be able to continue fundraising for Kerby Centre. But just because we are all running individually, doesn’t mean we can’t still do this as a team!
Registrations have opened back up. All race distances are available, including a new FREE option available for participants who want to join in the fun, have the opportunity to fundraise, but don’t want all the perks.
We’d love for you to pick the option to run virtually and join us in the following way:
- Continue fundraising up to race day!
- On September 20th, run/walk your chosen distance at a location of your choice. If you aren’t sure of where to do this, Calgary has an incredible pathway system and I’d be happy to help you chart out a course!
- Post your time on the leaderboard
- Send me pictures taken during your race and details of the location you chose
- Participate in a Team Kerby after party on Zoom!
I think it will be a fun way to still participate this year and continue to fundraise for Kerby Centre—a charity that not only means so much to all of us, but that has been a vital resource for so many this year. The deadline to make this selection is Friday May 15th, please follow the step by step instructions emailed out by Run Calgary and let me know if you have any questions.
A couple other things to note that are new this year:
- Once fundraising is closed (Oct 18) Scotiabank will be doing a draw among all donors for the opportunity to win 5 X $100 NHL Gift Cards.
- Fundraisers will receive a Fundraising Badge for every $500 they raise. Badges will appear on your fundraising page and will also be something you can share on social media.
- Scotiabank will be compiling a list of favourite running songs from participants and providing a 2020 Scotiabank Calgary Marathon playlist to all virtual participants to listen to while running their virtual race
Go Team Kerby!!!
Manager of Education & Recreation, Kerby Centre
Donate to Team Kerby
Please tell all Members, Clients, Volunteers, Friends and Family. Let’s get a large group together and support Kerby Centre!
If you need any assistance registering or have any questions, please call (403) 705-3232.