Volunteers – Phone: (403) 705-3218
According to recent Government of Alberta stats, 50% of Alberta seniors volunteer in the community. That is far higher than the national average of 37%.
Why volunteer at Kerby Centre?
Learn new skills, have tons of fun, and help the community at the same time. Volunteers are matched to jobs on the basis of skill-level and interest. Whether you want to work once a month or every day, the perfect volunteer job is waiting for you.
A small sample of the volunteer areas at Kerby Centre include:
- Adult Day Support
- Thrive (formerly Grocery Delivery)
- Income Tax
- Kerby News (writers, graphic design, mailout)
- Special events
STEPS TO BECOMING A KERBY CENTRE VOLUNTEER
- Phone and arrange for an interview.
- Or, if you are not sure about volunteering, join us for a tour. Tours originate from the dining room on Thursdays at 10:30 and are open to anyone. Tours last approximately 60 minutes.
- The volunteering process includes a security clearance and a general orientation. Additional training will be provided within each service area.