Position: Assistant to Housing
Education: Degree or two-year post-secondary diploma required.
Experience: Experience in information and referral or on help lines an asset.
- Competent computer skills including the use of Word, Outlook, internet and database manager
- Must be competent at presenting to groups of people
- Vehicle required on an occasional basis
- Detail oriented, organized, self-directed, diplomatic and a team player
- Excellent administrative skills
Hours: Shift is 8:30 – 4:30 Monday to Friday. Required to work the occasional evening or weekend.
This is a permanent, full-time position working in collaboration with the Information Resources team in providing information and referral services to older adults in the areas of pensions, government grants, health benefits, housing, and legal services. This position specializes in seniors’ housing resources in the Calgary area. Duties include:
- Providing phone and in-person consultation regarding housing resources
- Filling in forms
- Outreach into the community including booths and presentations
- Being cross-trained in all areas of the department including memberships and other aspects of information resources.
The position is available immediately. Please submit resume by end of day on Monday, August 22, 2016.